Thursday, 3 July 2008
If you get bored with your rice as the usual accompaniment to your dishes, cous cous could be an interesting and more flavourful alternative. It’s not that much more fussy to prepare than rice either.
**Ingredients (serves 3-4 people)**
* 1.5 cups uncooked cous cous
* 3 cups stock (we used chicken stock)
* 4 tablespoons butter
1. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan. Add shallots and garlic, fry till golden brown.
2. Add the stock to the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Add the cous cous. Cover and continue heating for 10 minutes until cous cous is thoroughly cooked.
I’ve come across fancier recipes that call for some herbs and a dash of lemon—I guess you could just experiment and work from this basic recipe. Gooooood stuff!