…What Have I Done?

Monday, 13 March 2006

Recall that I once went mad with Wu Han and [him spending so much time on console games](http://www.salameander.com/2006/02/19/computer-games-vs-the-wife/).

Well, guess what—I gave in to his persistent pestering to buy this:

![PS2](http://www.salameander.com/uploads/ps2.jpg)

He’s really happy about it, while I’m wondering if I’m being nice, or stupid. Somebody shoot me. :(

#1Gravatar imageErna says:

Now, now. Think of it this way: it’s a hobby that keeps him at home within plain sight. ;) Yes, he may seem fixated when he’s at the console but men need time for their hobbies too. He’ll come up for air sooner or later.

BTW, Kit was passing around M! The Opera flyers at the Canticle Singers rehearsal at his place yesterday. Hope everything goes well for you and that M!’s a success. :D

#2Gravatar imageyeahway says:

bang bang! now u’re dead…

u’re such a good wife!

#3Gravatar imageLigeirinho says:

You’re being nice. Trust me. But nice is good. Don’t worry, the rest of us will help remind WuHan to chill off the games every now and then.

Hey Erna! Gosh, I didn’t realise you had joined TCS…is the production called “Refugees”? Are you coming to watch M? The music will be entirely different from what choirs normally work with, would be great if you could come. :)

Ligeirinho: Thanks, that’s really comforting to know. Honestly, cuz I don’t think I can convince him to come away from something he’s so engrossed in.

#6Gravatar imageAndy Heong says:

Look at it this way… rather the games than other types of saaay… two legged distractions :p Besides, think about how nice he was throughout the years… quid pro quo? hahahah

On the other hand… you can also really make him suffer by hiding that thing can’t you?

In Evil Mood

#7Gravatar imageTopogigio says:

Why not play games together? I highly recommend the Baldur’s Gate series and it’s sister publication based on Everquest builds. It’s fun seeing Marujo and Bokajipeji playing campaigns together and watch them support each other in dire combat. Plus, you get to find out how much a of knight in shining armor he could be (and give him tips on which armor to dress up in).

For a game that both of you can really dig, I highly recommend Katamari Damacy.

Ligerinho: You’re ruining your own pot ‘o rice dude. How’re you gonna convince him to play YOUR game later?

#8Gravatar imageLigeirinho says:

Topo: Well, it’s not gonna be sold here, and the pirates won’t pirate it, so no worries.

And if he runs away when the situation (in the game) gets rough, you know you’d better get someone else to follow you to the bank! XP

#9Gravatar imageWu Han says:

I think I’ll be calling my new PS2, ‘The Discord’…

Topo: Mich reckons that’s not what she’ll call quality time spent together! But with rising fuel costs, and shit water invading major shopping malls in the Klang Valley, maybe she’ll be convinced that playing video games at home isn’t such a bad idea after all…