Dialogue-less Star Wars

Thursday, 26 May 2005

In my opinion, the characters in [this clip][this clip] are far more expressive than the actors in Episodes I and II (I haven’t watched Episode III yet)…perhaps with the exception of Yoda and the droids, but then again, they’re animated in this version as well. :p

[this clip]: http://www.lego.com/starwars/moviepop2005.aspx?movie=trailer1&size=QTlo “Lego Star Wars”

#1Gravatar imageAndy Heong says:

Old Georgie Lucas did say that he believes that in the near future, there will be no need for sets, hence this virtual sets. Perhaps he is taking it a step further… virtual actors. Episodes 1 - 3 is part of his plan to prove that virtual actors are much better compared to ‘real’ actors. Not to mention more cost and admin effective. No need to worry about providing a prima donna starlet with M&Ms of a bright magenta colour with a shell of no more that 0.005mm thick which must be held in a circular container of 92.5% silver weighing no more that 627grams with a diameter of not more than 2.678 inches.

#2Gravatar imageschoenheit says:

Tell me about it!! Hayden’s acting is so wooden even Pinochio would’ve done a better job! Quite honestly, that’s what ruined the whole movie for me…

i nearly fell asleep in the middle of “Revenge of the Sith”. Too draggy at certain parts (could also be becos it was in the middle of the afternoon when i usually hv my siesta.. :P)

#4Gravatar imageschoenheit says:

Checked out the link while at work in the presence of my colleague’s 7 yr-old son. He was so facinated with it that I had to sit through 5 back-to-back replays of it… But it was cute enough for me NOT to complain.. heehee

Schoenheit: AAAAWWWW, that’s so sweet! Heheh…I hope your colleague doesn’t start blaming you for the kid’s sudden addiction to movie clips.

Andy: Point taken. :p But how would virtual characters put the glam in Hollywood? They can’t turn up to walk down red carpets or attend the Oscars.

Kotak: Well, would you go back and watch it again to make up for the bits where you fell asleep? ;)

#6Gravatar imageAndy Heong says:

Mich, if Lara Croft (the virtual) version can appear on the cover of time magazine and Gollum can accept the award for MTV’s Best Virtual Performance… almost anything can happen.

And look at Mrs Roger Rabbit…. glam enuf for you? :))